Sustainable Food Platform
Why Sustainable Food Platform?
World population growth and rapid industrialization are putting considerable pressure on our planet resources. In 2050, food production must be increased by 60% for the population that moves to the cities to be fed sufficiently. As a result of threats and needs in Turkey, such as sustainability, climate change, bio-diversity, resource management, food security, access to food and nutrition habits, Sustainable Food Platform manifest has been published in 2015.
Sustainable Food Platform, by adopting the UN Sustainable Development Goals and 11th Development Plan, works to direct the development of a sustainable and inclusive model for the rapidly industrializing and globalizing food sector, in line with the principle of “sustainable food for a sustainable future”.
If not Today, When?
We invite you to share this responsibility as a member of the Sustainable Food Platform.
FOR BETTER FOOD
Aim of the Platform
The aim of the Sustainable Food Platform is to work to accelerate the change and transformation of healthy, reliable and sustainable food systems for today and future generations.
Priority Fields of Study
- Raising awareness by strengthening the links of the food and agriculture sector with science, media and education.
- Raising consumer awareness to adopt sustainable consumption models in food systems
- Efforts to accelerate the policies and activities of public institutions and organizations towards sustainable food
- Increasing the incentive for implementation by sharing information and models to promote sustainable production and consumption.
- Strengthening cooperation between all stakeholders in the food system to increase the sustainable production and consumption performance of the sector
- Facilitating the use of market-based and voluntary approaches to transition to sustainable food systems throughout the supply chain and increasing opportunities
The Platform develops collaborations with all stakeholders who works directly or indirectly in the food industry, such as:
- National and international organizations, brands
- Non-profit organizations and enterprises
- Research Institutes
What the Platform Brings to its Members
- Opportunity to lead efforts to create shared value
- Cooperation opportunities with stakeholders who will steer and guide the works
- Opportunity to create new business models, networks and initiatives
- Strategy creation in the Working Groups together with the other members
Corporate Membership Application
For corporate membership, please contact us